Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens...

When I'm driving home lately, I like to unwind from the day by thinking through a list of my favorite things.  Silly how sometimes your frame of mind is all in your head and how much control you can have over your mood by surrounding yourself with enjoyable things, thoughts, and situations.  With that in mind, here is a list of some of my favorite things...(not ranked)
  • sitting on the back deck in the evening with my family
  • pink peonies
  • sycamore trees
  • road trips
  • iPod full of my favorite songs
  • libraries
  • my food list is pretty extensive, unfortunately, so I'm just giving it one bullet point to consolidate: nachos, hot wasabi peas, bacon, shrimp, pasta, mountain dew
  • having a half day to cook a big meal
  • stationary/cool paper products
  • fresh vegetables from the garden
  • being at the lake
  • concerts/live music
  • hammocks
  • pictures/cool snapshots in time
 Hope you have your list handy for days you need it too :)

No comments: