I have hated running as long as I can remember, but have always wished I loved it. Even when I was in 'shape' (for volleyball), I have never run more than barely over a mile that I can remember. We would do a mile run for warm-up and that was timed but that was as far as I remember running. I hated every. single. step.
Perhaps, one would recommend that if I really hate it, I should just accept that and move on--enjoy the things that bring me happiness, find another alternative to working out, etc. I agree with parts of that, but in the back of my mind, I feel like if I just got good at running and could get into a routine, I would eventually come to love it and BAM! there would be a workout that is portable, free, and available pretty much any time.
So, in addition to no soda (almost a month since I snuck one at Christmas!), I am signing up to try out the app 'couch to 5k' with a co-worker. We've only completed week 1 so far, but we are toying with the idea of signing up for a 5K in May. This would be about 1 month after we finish the couch to 5K program. We'll see what happens. I'm putting it here in writing, mostly so it is harder for me to back out :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Home Sweet Home
No comments:
Post a Comment