Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty" --Mark Twain



This is the view from my chair that I spend 3 to 4 days each month. I am back in class now and certainly have some fears that my gluttony over Christmas break will derail my ability to keep up.
School is busy...home is busy...work is busy...and I am grateful for my fabulous Jason who is more than taking a hit with increased tasks and responsibilities around the house. I've tried to keep my New Year's Resolutions with these things in mind...


--GRADUATE!!!! (I am hoping my project goes well, and classes as too, of course to get me finished with school in December)
--for the 156-billionth time (give or take a few), I have given up drinking soda. So far, I've only had 3 sodas since somewhere before Christmas time. It just might be my best stretch yet
--try to work ahead in school...try...try...try
--be okay with not making an A in every class so that I don't completely immerse myself in school work
--schedule activities with the girls and Jason so that I am completely present and not distracted
--accept the fact that I'm not going to lose weight this year. My goal for 2013 is just not to gain any more :)
--try to keep up a bit more with the 'ol blog. Our family albums just aren't as good without the commentary and the stories. I created a couple of picture books and the pictures just seem a little lonely!

As much as I grumble over the workload and time for school. I am grateful to have the opportunity to learn new things and further my degree.
Many thanks to my family for your support. So far, we've made it halfway!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: