Monday, January 21, 2013

Ah, the New Year!

I really like technology...and I really like New Year's resolutions (as you can see from my list below). I am working this month to utilize technology to make some of my daily 'joys' a bit easier. Some of my favorite things I've stumbled across:


--First things first....I'm in LOVE (big hearty-heart letters there) with my iPad. Indispensable. For real. It is organizing my life and it lives with me in my purse. I load pdfs to read for school, apps to coordinate my life, etc.

--Synched "Reminders". Jason and I synched our reminders so that we have a shopping list that we share. Whenever we need something from the store, we add it to that list and then we both have it on our phones & the iPad. Whenever we have a moment to stop in, we have a complete list without having to remember it. Love that!

--Red Stamp--this is a new App I found yesterday and I've already used it twice. It has cute backgrounds and turns images into customizable cards you can send via text to others. Fun way to tell someone you are thinking of them and a little bit of a compromise between a handwritten letter and a text or email. Cool.

--Cards App--for those that don't use texting, I can create a card and have it mailed from my ipad without licking an envelope or placing a stamp. The charge is $2.99 per card. This fee includes postage. Yes, I am still forgetting to send them in time, but at least this could save me a trip to the store when I've forgotten (shortening the time).

--Blog Press--I don't always login to my computer. I want to keep up with my blog and I'm hoping this little app will make that easier. So far it has. It doesn't have all the cool pictures that come from loading Jason's photos onto the computer, but I can always add those in later. At least for now, I'm able to blog a bit on the go and at times that are more convenient.

--Camera+ -- This makes iphone and ipad pics a bit better. I don't love the quality of the generic photos and this helps tweak them and make them more fun.

--Commensensemedia.org -- I keep a link to this on my iPad now. Josie is quite the reader and I can't keep up with what is remotely appropriate and what is not. This helps guide visits to the library and bookstore.

--Pinterest -- OK, I know this isn't a new one, but it has helped take the place of the big heavy notebooks full of newspaper/magazine clippings that I used to create (ok, still do sometimes) to remind me of things I like or want to remember. LOVE! Makes it easy to pull a recipe or when I am thinking of doing something new in the house, I have all my ideas in one place.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home Sweet Home

No comments: