Thursday, March 3, 2011

Catching Up

This is going to be a random collage that will serve as a prequel to posts in the future. Some of this I have already posted pieces of, but I am already starting to forget things so I feel the need to record a bit for my memory.

Nov 10th, we had the floor ruined with a pipe leak. After a week of drying out the home and getting stuff verified we ordered our new floor. The initial flooring install was delayed due to all the snow but finally installed the last week in December.

We spent a lot of time in Nov and Dec painting walls and trim. Most of the house received a fresh coat of paint. After flooring in the living room, dining and all bedrooms was complete, we did an overhaul of the small bathroom. we replaced lighting, faucets, the sink top, had a new tile floor put in. After all this work we called a Realtor--mostly because we felt it was a good time to move (the house would never look better!!). The Realtor visited and recommended that we tile the kitchen as well. So....we did. It took a week to schedule the install and then we received a bit too much snow and the install was pushed back a week. Finally, it too was complete and we listed the house the weekend after.

In the meantime, Livi got her FIRST haircut in a salon and did such a great job!!! She was clearly nervous about it but it went quite well and I am optimistic that in the future this won't be such a big deal.

We received 3 offers on our house within the week. We are currently under contract and looking for a new place to live! It is an exciting but busy time.

Both of the girls have birthdays coming up and somehow this always seems to sneak up on us. How that is possible, I have no idea. We've got a plan for what we want to do for them and a plan for their family party but I don't know what we will do for friends. We haven't done anything in awhile so we are thinking of options.

Josie found out last week that one of her poems was published in the Columbia newspaper and one was accepted to be published in a book that will be housed at the library. She is super-excited about that AND the fact that she will be hitting double digits soon.

I am home with Livi today. They are diagnosing her with the flu after checking for UTI and appendicitis. She has a high fever, sore throat and cough. Her lower stomach was also quite uncomfortable and most bothersome (which is why they were ruling out the other two). All in all, she looks pretty good and is in pretty good spirits. We hope she is on the road to recovery soon. Yes, we started Tamiflu yesterday so we should be good to go soon...I hope.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Congrats to Livi on the hair cut. I just love when the kiddos have a breakthrough like that. Selling your house so fast in this market is amazing. I'm so happy for you. I hope the transition to the new house is smooth and easy for everyone. Moving is a pain - but also fun. I like fresh starts. Have a great weekend.