
Jocelyn had a great birthday--she took a big cookie to share with her classmates at school and we celebrated a tiny bit at home. Every year, Jocelyn tells us how she wishes it were her birthday every day because she loves it so much. She enjoys the reaction she gets in class when they announce her name over the loud speaker with morning announcements and loves being the general center of attention.
Unfortunately, Livi does NOT enjoy someone else being the center of attention and did her best to snatch it by crying and screaming most of the day that "It's NOT Josie's birthday, it is MYYYYYY birthday!". Livi knows when her birthday is, she just wanted to be front and center.

Jocelyn is such a trooper though. It bothers her that Livi acts up but she is able to cope with it amazingly well. She gets a little sad, gets a hug and an explanation from mom or dad, and has a smile back on her face quite soon. I love her ability to handle these situations with grace.

1 comment:
I wish you could have been to one of the classes I took today. I was all about siblings and how having a special needs bro or sis impacts their lives. They gave great ideas for helping the typical kiddos and also emphasized the importance of SIBS classes. I hadn't heard of them in Utah, but I'll get you the info. Maybe there is one close to you. They RAVED about them and the panel of typical kids who came and spoke to us really said it helped them.
Post a Comment