Sorry, mom and dad (again and again).
Sunday, the girls helped me make candy and cookies to take to the neighbors and for gifts for teachers. They had a great time!!! They wore their Santa hats and went house to house ringing the doorbells and saying "Merry Christmas!". The girls love delivering cookies just about as much as they like trick-or-treating. Livi cried when we were done and begged to do it some more. We just need more houses on our block, right?
We're still not completely ready for Christmas yet, but I'm hoping we'll get everything finished up in time. The girls are begging to wrap presents for people and Livi's "job" everyday is to plug in the Christmas tree.
Livi had her first Christmas program on Tuesday night. They had it in a church around the corner from her school. It was a nice program--each class grades K-3 sang 2-3 songs and then the school choir (composed of some 4th and 5th graders) sang 4-5 songs. Livi was pretty shy in this new environment. Luckily, she trusts her teacher enough to follow her up so she could sing. I have never seen Livi look so nervous, but she was soooo proud when it was done. To celebrate, we went out with mom & dad to get dessert!
1 comment:
Didn't we just talk the night before about who was going to be the first person to do something in the new house? Oh, well. . .I promise to only give you as much grief as you gave me when I was the first to spill on the new carpet. I really do love you Susan! Lynn
Post a Comment