Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

There is a locally famous Christmas tree in Columbia that I've heard about for several years but always forgot to look at when it was the right time. Last Friday night, Josie went to a sleepover at a friend's house. Livi, of course, wanted to go too. Jason and I decided to do something fun and visiting the tree seemed like a good idea. We will probably need to return to see it again with Josie.

I cannot imagine how long it takes to wrap this tree. I know there was an article featured on it recently in the Rural Electric newspaper that comes, but either I can't remember or forgot to pay attention to the details. It was really pretty. A strand of lights only seems to cover about 1 foot in some places. Livi wanted to stay and look at this tree all night. Of course, it didn't hurt that there was a small foot bridge and a bench very near the tree. It was like all her favorite things rolled into one!

I love the expression on her face in this picture--she was enthralled! We stopped and got ice cream cones on the way home. Such a great way to spend an evening.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

What a beautiful tree. Usually you can't quite capture the beauty of Christmas lights at night on film, however I totally get it. I am sure it was amazing. I also love seeing Livi smile. What a beauty.

Minnie said...

I also saw that amazing tree with all those lights in the Rural Electric Magazine. One day I'd like to see it in person also.