
Cody's official birthday is on October 24th. He arrived at our house just before Christmas and has certainly made himself welcome and a big part of the family. When we were considering a dog, I really thought that Josie would be the primary person who would pay attention to Cody and really develop a strong attachment. Livi was terrified of the thought of dogs and wouldn't go near them. She would scream as soon as she saw one and beg to be picked up. We were a little nervous about how she would react and hoped she would overcome her fears.
I think Josie was hoping for a female dog so that she could dress her new puppy up. Although we settled on a boy (and I'm glad we did), we still manage to get him in a few shirts and costumes :) It's funny how things turn out--Josie does assist a lot in caring for Cody. She is frequently the one who takes him outside in the evenings, but she can't quite bring herself to have him sleep in her room (or even be in there if she is trying to sleep). I think she doesn't quite trust him and might be slightly scared of dogs a little bit. Cody does like to play and so I'm sure this feeling will wear off for her more as he continues to settle down. We've already noticed a significant decrease in how rough he plays. He does, however, have a really annoying barking habit that has only surfaced in the last few months. VERY annoying. He tries to be a good watch dog and has just not quite figured out what the 'normally abnormal' sounds are yet.
Anyway, we didn't need to worry about Livi. Here is a picture of a frequent occurrence at our home, Livi grabbing Cody and him growling and snapping while she just sits and smiles. Cody is the only one I hear Livi spontaneously say "I love you" to and boy, does she adore that puppy. Cody is the first thing Livi wants to see when she gets home and he is the recipient of more attention than one puppy could EVER want :)
1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year since you welcomed little Cody in! He is such a cute pup! Glad he's doing well!!
Post a Comment