We went to see Olivia's new preschool yesterday. I think it went well. Olivia was, of course, shy and didn't really talk, but she started walking around by herself right away and explored the classroom. Her teacher is very kind and we found out that she was a special education teacher in the school district before coming to work at the preschool. She also has a 16 year old son with Aspberger's and so she seemed very understanding and interested in Olivia. I am still a little nervous, but excited. The kids were very happy and friendly. One tried to approach Olivia and say hi, but she kind of brushed him off. I just told him she was feeling a bit shy today in a new place and asked him if he ever felt like that. He nodded and smiled. We'll see...Keeping our fingers crossed. She loved the playground and seems very anxious to get to play there. Monday's the day!
Jocelyn had a play date with her friend Ava on Thursday. She had a great time. Her note in the Friday folder had all good marks with "Much Better" written in. Hopefully our plan will work for a little bit.
Today, Jason has another photography class--this one is on editing photos in Adobe. We are going to Joe and Vanessa's new home tonight and the girls are very excited!!! We are too--we've missed seeing them since they moved WAY across town :)
I work all day tomorrow...
1 comment:
I'm anxious to see how Olivia handles the new school environment.
I think all the exposure you can give her to different situations and people, will prepare her more for kindergarten.
Love, Minnie
Post a Comment