
Well, I wish I had a picture taken of Jason and Josie tonight, but I don't. Jason has been with the lab for 10 years and they gave him 2 tickets to the Lyceum Theatre to use. We thought it would be a really nice opportunity for Jocelyn to have some 1:1 time with her dad. So, they got dressed up and went to Arrowrock which is about 45 minutes away. They ate out together before the show and I'm eagerly waiting to hear about their time. She'll get back pretty late (and tomorrow is school), but I think that it's worth it for her to go as much as she loves to sing.
Olivia and I had our own version of a 'girls night' meaning that I did what SHE wanted me to. Obviously, if you know Olivia well (or have been keeping up on the blog) she really wants to be in control--of everything. So...tonight, she got some mommy time and ate it up. We watched "Springtime with Roo" (Pooh movie) 3 times. We ate our lasagna on a blanket on my bedroom floor--picnic style--and finished off our meal with chocolate chips. Whenever I left her sight, she was calling me back and if I moved from the floor to the bed, then she followed. She was like glue all night. I let her stay up a little longer because we've still been having bedtime problems and I was hoping to wear her out! We have asked Nisho to stop her nap so that she is tired at night and she definitely was tired tonight. Unfortunately, not tired enough to stay in her bed. It's annoying because she thinks it is a hilarious game--us picking her up and taking her to her room--and it is one that she could happily play all night. I finally got tired of it (32 pick-ups and dragging her back to bed tonight, just in case you are a numbers person) and just told her to stay in bed or I'll take her pillow away again. She hasn't come out. So, here's where I'm confused. It doesn't matter what we try, it will work one night and then never again. Frustrating. . . .
1 comment:
Susan, I have to hand it to you. That is rough and I'm sure SO trying. Hang in there... this too shall pass, right?
I hope J had fun with dad. Lexie always loves her nights away. It makes them feel so special.
Post a Comment