I don't quite know WHAT we are doing lately, we just seem to be behind. I guess that's just the way it goes...Monday nights, Jocelyn goes to gymnastics. She has not been participating in flipping over the bars (I believe, due to a fall on her second day in gymnastics). She tells her teacher it is because it hurts her stomach and her last teacher said she didn't have to do it. Her current teacher asked to speak with me after class last Monday night and we discussed it and so hopefully, Jocelyn will begin working on the bars. Jocelyn asked me what we talked about and I said "your teacher says you are strong enough to start doing the bars now!". Jocelyn and I had a talk about how some of the most fun things take a lot of work and we are sometimes afraid to try them. We'll see how tonight goes ...
Thursday, we skipped school and worked and stayed home to play with Abby & Abe. Sarah had her baby!!! It was a long day for her, but Michael is just as cute as can be. Abby & Abe were very excited. So, we had several little ones to take to Bonkers and Ice Cream. They seemed to have a good time and I was actually VERY surprised how well they all played together. There really weren't any fights at all and I think for an overnight trip that is pretty impressive.
Friday was back to routine after dropping off the kids that morning. It was my last day of work in Internal Medicine. Lynn called from the hospital lobby and I went to visit her while Camryn had her pre-op appointment (to get her tonsils taken out next week). She was such a trooper while getting her blood drawn. She didn't move an inch!! Brave girl :)
Friday night was a really tough night for Olivia. She just could not get settled for bed and was doing her best to stay out of it. After an hour of getting into trouble, getting her toys taken away, etc. we remembered our 'bedtime plan' from the Behavioral Support. No words, physically escort her back to bed and then walk out. Twenty-two times later, she stayed! I know this should be easy and it isn't that much different than what we were doing, but I think the biggest point is--NO TALKING! Olivia likes attention, even if it is negative. She just wants someone there. I'll be in trouble if she gains about 10 pounds though! She is already within 5 pounds of Jocelyn and she's very strong.
Olivia was very well behaved all day (even through church). She is having more frequent 'accidents' (I don't believe they are accidents) when going potty, however. Some of them (#1) probably are, but not all of the #2. She is essentially refusing to go in the potty and just goes in her panties instead. I think I'm going to start up the 'reward system' for #2 again. Just to get out of the defiant habit.
In a nutshell, that was our week ...
1 comment:
Oh my gosh. When I read about O and closing the door, I thought I was reading about Jackson. When you figure out a way to channel the behavior - let me know. :) We have our good days and bad days, but I swear, sometimes I think he just tells me no because he wants to be difficult. He'll even tell me he doesn't want to go to Lagoon (our local amusement park), just because he wants to do the opposite thing I want him to do. A challenge... but we sure love him.
Post a Comment