So...we started potty training last week and progress has been okay so far. Today, however, was a GREAT day for Olivia!!! She didn't have any accidents all day at Nisho's and tonight when we got home, I sat with her and she went 4 times on the potty!
After this, I had to take a break from sitting on the floor in the bathroom, so I went to load the dishwasher. Olivia was quiet and I peeked on her, she was still sitting on the potty and so proud of herself that I snuck away quietly. About 5 minutes later, I heard a cry of "Help me, help me!!!". She had gone #2 in the potty and tried to wipe and made a little mess (who forgot to tell me about all this fun before I became a parent???!??). I was really happy that I had kept a 'special' treat tucked away (a small fan that lights up when you turn it on) and I thought this was the occassion to use it. She got to wear 'Dora big girl panties' and loved her fan. She was REALLY proud of herself. Vanessa and Mila came by and so she got even more congratulation hugs :) The final time (while playing outside) she started to go, stopped herself, and even told me she needed to go potty. She was able to hold it until we got to the bathroom.
Speaking of them, we will really miss Joe, Vanessa and Mila when they move in 10 days :( In the summer, we see them probably 4-5 nights a week and just hang out on the patio or stand in the driveway talking while the kids play. It's part of our routine. For example, when Olivia got her fan, she wanted to go and show that and her big girl panties to Mila right afterwards. They won't be far, so we'll still see them from time to time, but it won't be quite the same as just wandering outside the door no matter what kind of crazy get-up we are wearing.
Here are some more pictures of the vacation to Gatlinberg (I'm a little behind!):
Jocelyn found a butterfly while walking on the trail that had some trouble flying; Olivia and I are taking time out of walking the trail to pose for the camera; Jocelyn and Olivia at the Aquarium inside a cool space that makes it appear as though they are in the aquarium too 
1 comment:
Way to go O! We are so proud of you! Congrats Susan and Jason! We KNOW how much work is involved and we hope the success continues. Awesome!
Post a Comment