Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy Weekend


Friday evening, we worked to get ready for the big garage sale. Lynn came up with the girls and they all had a good time playing while we rummaged through things.


Saturday morning, I hauled Jason's butt out of bed at 0500 and we got the last things marked and hauled out (he might have had some choice words about that).


We were really pleasantly surprised by the turnout. Because we live just far enough outside of town, I really didn't think anyone would come, but we had a steady crowd the entire morning--from 0700-1400! It died off a little bit at 1200 (and we ate), but then there were a few small stops after that. All in all, we made a bit of money and were able to clean out our attic so we can move on to the next step--garage and house.


After the garage sale, Jason and I both fell asleep on the couch for a little bit and then we got the girls ready and made our way to Chili's for dinner and then to church. Church did not go well at the beginning (Olivia kepts saying, very loudly "but I don't have to whisper" and "don't tell me to shush!"). Jason escorted her out and they had a chat outside and when he brought her in she didn't peep again. Then she went on and on about how she did a great job at church. Uh huh. Pastor Paul is just the greatest though, he takes that and the girls who just can't resist putting their hands in the baptismal fountain really well. I remember one time in the past, he even had a children's sermon encouraging the kids to touch it if they wanted to (even if their parents may tell them not to)! Because we were on such a roll, I went and did the grocery shopping after the girls went to bed so we would have today to get some more stuff done.


Today, we woke up this morning and cleaned the house...it took hours. After that, I painted Josie's room the brightest pink color you ever saw. Think Pepto-Bismol. She is ecstatic. Olivia proceeded to beg for her room to be painted and rearranged too (this is going to be her reward for being a big girl and using the potty).


Speaking of which, I think we are finally going to get it this time! Today, we stopped at the mall (in between cleaning and painting) to get the Dora panties that is Olivia's latest reward and she was able to use the potty there twice without having an accident. We even had to walk a ways and have her hold it. She didn't have any accidents today at home either and she took herself to the potty whenever she needed to go. Yea--fifth time's a charm! I really do think that the Behavioral Support Therapy has helped us and this wouldn't have worked so well without it. It also helps that Olivia is getting a bit older and some of the 'reasoning techniques' can work a bit better. Whatever it is, I'm happy.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you fit all of that in to your weekend. I would have called it good with church and the garage sale. You are super woman. We have had paint for Lexie's room for almost 2 months now. It still isn't painted. Maybe when you finish O's room, you can fly to SLC and do Lexie's. :)