I'm a bit behind this week and was lazy the entire weekend to make up for it. I know that doesn't work the way it should--it would make more sense for me to actually do something to catch up on what needs to be done but I'm using the mother's day excuse (and the fact that I'm on call). So, I had some success with my project at work this week, which in turn meant that I had in 40 hours by Wednesday, still got to work hard the rest of the week and got stuck at home on call all weekend (ick). The good news is that with all the running around and missed meals, I lost 5 pounds! I'm sure it will find me back after all the ice cream I ate (and plan on eating again later) tonight. Ah well, such is life. I finally got to watch the Indiana Jones movies (which Jason said I should catch up on before the new one comes out this summer).
Josie has been practicing handstands all week--she does them with help, but is getting good at throwing her legs up there and I can already tell she is getting stronger. She makes me laugh--we have the funniest conversations at night before she goes to bed. We typically talk about things at school and who was being mean, what she did that day, etc. Her phrasing lately is very what we would've called 'valley girl' growing up. There are a lot of "like . . . you know . . . it happened a long time ago--like in 2007". There are a lot of year references too--like, for everything.
Olivia has been in a little bit of a bad mood all week--pretty grumpy. We had her IEP revision meeting on Friday. They have changed her schedule to 3 afternoons a week for next fall (Mon-Wed-Fri). Jason and I plan to work hard after we get back from Gatlinberg to get her potty trained and then try to enroll her in a preschool-like program in the mornings for the fall as well. We are a bit late for the application deadlines since they changed our IEP so late. We are hopeful that it will work out. It would help her to build some stamina before kindergarten, which she definitely needs.
This week, we go back to the behavioral support clinic and to revisit the geneticist (I can't believe it's only been a year since we had the information explained to us--it seems like much longer). I went to a Mother's Tea at Olivia's school on Thursday. She was so excited to see me but was very nervous by all the people coming unexpectedly to her school that she wouldn't sing or participate in any of the activities. We had a good snack though and she made me a beautiful flower.
Well, that's our week . . . sorry for all the phone calls I didn't return and the visits we cancelled--we would've loved to see everyone.
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you deserve a few days off. Don't feel bad about not making it down this weekend. I so understand that you need to see you patients when the time arises. Give Jocelyn and Olivia a big kiss for me. Minnie
Post a Comment