Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekly Update . . .


I don't have a new picture this week, so I'm posting an old favorite of ours. These fountains all work by gravity. We saw them on our trip to Tivoli, Italy and it was a great change of scenery from all the warm rock (rubble and ruins) that we had been viewing for several days. Just seeing all the green trees and hearing the water was a great way to spend a couple of hours!


Jocelyn learned how to do a running cartwheel this week! She loves to show people :) I'm excited for her because she is enjoying it enough to want to practice and stick with it.


Olivia actually pet 3 different dogs this weekend--they were the timid "hope the dog doesn't actually see me petting it" kind of pats, but believe me, that is progress. Last summer, one of our neighbors got a new dog and it was loose in the yard. On one of our walks, the dog got excited and ran and jumped up on Oliva. It didn't knock her down, but she has been terrified ever since. She actually has done okay with Vinnie throughout the year (Brandon & Lezlie's dog) and sometimes Phoebe, but other than that, she is clingy and wants someone to pick her up immediately whenever she sees a dog. Which leads me to a shout-out to little Lauren . . . Cathy, give that girl some BIG hugs and kisses from all of us. [Lauren got knocked down and spurred by a rooster yesterday. She has a cut on her back and bruises on her chest and, I'm sure, will be avoiding roosters for awhile--or maybe for good. From what I heard, the rooster cheated and snuck up on her. . . love you, Lauren].


We are doing our part to stimulate the economy this week. We received our check and since it coincides so nicely with our anniversary and our vacation, we are getting a new camera and some upgrades to our computer. We are also excited that we may finally get a version of DSL here--I'm so ready to get rid of the satellite! Now, we just have to get that lake in our backyard (a.k.a. drainage problem) fixed this summer and we will be sitting pretty!

1 comment:

Minnie said...

Tell Jocelyn to keep practicing those cartwheels. Get those legs off of the ground, high into the air! Oh no! Lauren watch those roosters, I remember having one of my aunt roosters chasing me across the chicken yard a time or two.
Love Minnie