
Well, Jason and I had a great weekend just running around like we used to 'before kids'. Jason's mom and dad took the girls over the weekend (many thanks!!!) and Jason and I hit some of our favorite restaurants, saw a movie, and ran some errands. It was great to go somewhere without a big heavy purse (loaded with pullups, wipes, snacks, etc.). Of course, we are happy to have the girls back too.
On Friday, I found out about a news channel in Louisville that ran a short feature on Olivia's condition. They visited the lab the weekend that we were in KY, but we left just before the reporters came. It is a little tricky to get to the video link, but I have enclosed a link to the website:
On Friday, I found out about a news channel in Louisville that ran a short feature on Olivia's condition. They visited the lab the weekend that we were in KY, but we left just before the reporters came. It is a little tricky to get to the video link, but I have enclosed a link to the website:
for you to select. From the website page, there is a box in the far right-hand column with a large picture and a row of small pictures above it to select different videos to view. From the row of small pictures, select the video with the cute little girl in a pink sweatshirt. Today, it is the 4th small picture from the left, but it will probably change from time to time as they add more and you may have to scroll to find it. When you put your cursor over it (and do not 'select') it will read "Genetic defect research at U of L". Select the video. These are the doctors that we met and two of the children we met in early January as well. If your internet access is poor (like ours) and loading a video takes a long time, on the left hand column of the website page there is a link to an article. Just select the title that talks about the U of L.
1 comment:
Susan, Thanks so much for sharing. I hadn't heard about the release of the story. I'll make sure and forward it to our family and friends! I'm glad you had a great weekend. Alone time together is precious.
Post a Comment