It's good to get away, but it's always nice to return home again too :) Jason and I left on Tuesday evening to drive to KC and stay at a airport hotel. It was not a good night's sleep, let's just say that (extremely hard mattress). Anyway, our flight left for San Diego on Wednesday morning at 0800. The flight was great and we arrived in San Diego at 0940. The hotel had a free shuttle, so we called for a ride and were allowed to check in right away. By the time we got to the hotel and checked in, it was 1040 (1240 by my stomach) and we were getting hungry. We threw our stuff in the room and went to the Horton Plaza for lunch and to look around. At the Horton Plaza, we ate at the cafe court (nothing fancy), but we found a Cinnabon Place and Jason and I split a roll that was WONDERFUL. We walked around and did a little shopping. There was a wide variety of stores there--from places we have to pricey things that we really don't have the option to buy in Mid-MO.
After our shopping excursion, we were tired and returned to the hotel for a nap. That evening we planned to meet a couple from Mid-MO that came from the University for the conference as well. Jason and I left a bit early to meet them so we could walk along the bay. We looked around Seaport Village and then made our way to the Fish Market for dinner. We sat right by the large windows overlooking the bay and it was a great meal (I enjoyed the red snapper a little more than Jason enjoyed the sworfish). It was pouring down rain when we left so we got a taxi (with one of the strangest cab drivers I've gotten to ride with--definitely not a conversationalist). The next day, I attended the conference from 0800-1630. While I was there, Jason worked from the hotel and then went to a movie. He bought me some shirts that I had tried on the previous day and liked, but hadn't bought--what a sweet surprise :) For dinner that night, we ate at Karl Staus brewery which was less than a block from our hotel. While the food was good, we both agreed that Flat Branch Brewery in Columbia, MO beat it in every category: food, beer and atmosphere. It doesn't help that Flat Branch is our favorite restaurant here in town.
Friday was a long day--I went to the conference all day (Jason did more work and saw
another movie). After the conference, we took the shuttle to the airport. Our plane was delayed and didn't leave until about 1900. With the time difference and the drive from KC, Jason and I got back into town about 0245 this morning. The girls were quiet until about 0800, so luckily we got a bit of rest. So, that was our trip--it was short and quick, but a nice change of scenery!
A BIG BIG BIG thank you to my mom for staying with the girls--not only did she stay at our house and run our routine (which I know is a bit odd and detailed at times), she also took one for the team by getting thrown up on multiple times by Olivia on Wednesday night. For some reason, Olivia started throwing up around 2030 and continued to throw up/have dry heaves for the rest of the night. YUCK!
3 comments:
Jocelyn, I am so sorry to hear about your fish "Sparkle". I remember when my first pet died too. She was my dog named "Blackie". I missed her for a long time. I am glad that you got some medicine for your poor, little, sore toe. Maybe now you can wear shoes and not have them hurt your toe. Love, MINNIE
Minnie,
I got some medicine for my foot. My toe is feeling better. I am having a good time. I love you. I hope you have a good day.
Love, Jocelyn
I'm glad you guys were able to get away. Mom and Dad only trips are a must... a least once or twice a year. I love San Diego. It is so pretty. Welcome Home!
Post a Comment