This week has been generally uneventful. The girls have been getting used to having us back (and have been doing everything to try our patience!). Homework time has been successful so far. Olivia actually begs to do homework and we can use it as a little bit of bribery. She struggles with the directions, especially if we have to talk about them and try to explain a new concept, but we are making some progress and it's something that we get to do as a family with everyone around the table working on it.
I took Jocelyn to the doctor today for her foot--they started her on an oral antibiotic and seemed a little surprised that we hadn't brought her in earlier. I guess I am not the best example of when you should take a kid to the doctor and I will accept that we often wait a little bit too long. That's what working in a medical ICU for so long gets me--the feeling that no one is 'really' sick unless they are on a ventilator and multiple drips. Obviously, we should be trying to avoid that. So, I'm learning my lesson but I hate waiting in the clinic for a long time just to hear the words 'we'll keep an eye on it'. By the way, Jocelyn thinks that the reason her medicine is pink is because they 'must have known it's my favorite color'. Oh to have the world cater to me the way it does for her :) It's a good reminder to see the good side of even the small things and appreciate how it can make your day.
We are gearing up for the springtime and signing up for classes. Therapeutic horseback riding starts in March and we plan to sign Olivia up for that again. It is 1 hour, 1 time per week. I must admit that I was a big doubter about this therapy when I first heard of it, but Jason and I have both noticed obvious improvements in her balance, strength and speech. We also have the option for adaptive gymnastics for Olivia that would begin this Friday. We have not yet made up our minds completely about this but may try it. Jocelyn would like to try some lessons through the community and we are still decide what she would be most interested in.
I hope everyone is having a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment