Thursday, January 10, 2013

Back again...maybe?

Feeling blessed and grateful today. For many things, but as I look back on our blog I see that my last update had to do with moving to a new home. Well, we've been here about a year and a half now and there are some things that I'm pretty grateful for with this transition.

1) We have space...one that allows Livi to live with us as long as she needs to with some privacy and a bit of independence.

2) I love my gas stove in the kitchen--makes cooking so very much easier!

3) The laundry room is functional (SCORE!!!)

Some added bonuses that just screamed that this was the right place:






This picture shows 2 things I love about this place--first, see that sycamore tree? It is my favorite kind of tree and the lot has not one, but TWO of them. The second thing is that I have a bit of a loft/tree house obsession. Something about the view from the main level (especially from the living room and the bedroom) makes me feel like I am living in a tree house and I LOVE IT!




This deck is off the kitchen and this is the view in the fall. The deck was a special surprise...because it faces to the east, we enjoy shaded evenings sitting on the deck. For our anniversary last year, we got some comfy chairs and it is safe to say this spot is one of our favorite spots.

I don't have a picture of this (because it is January and raining today) but I was so excited to see 2 pink peony bushes already waiting for me in the front flower bed. These remind me of my grandma's house and bring a smile to my face every time I see them. They are my favorite flower and I didn't even have to do anything to get them!

A few things to be grateful for--things that make great memories (like the deck), things that remind me of my family, and things that make me appreciate the beautiful world I get to live in!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home Sweet Home

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I love all the updates. But.... I have one request. Because I don't get to see you in person, I am requesting a new house tour via blogland - when you have time, that is. :) Your yard, deck and view are beautiful. It looks heavenly. I'm so happy for you.