Friday, January 7, 2011

Miss Independent

Livi is gradually becoming more independent in the water. I missed getting video of her kneeling dive, but am grateful that she is able to jump in the water and independently get herself back to the side. It makes me feel better about all the 'what ifs' that can happen around water.

I am grateful that my mom and dad insisted that we take swimming lessons FOREVER. I am very comfortable in the water and it has been a gift. Josie asks me sometimes if she can quit taking swimming lessons "because I already know how to swim". Indeed, she can swim and is getting better, but I don't want to every worry about my kiddos around water and that is our goal. So...she will keep going. We are having a little break with the holidays and we did not sign up for the session that began this week. We will probably take a moment to get back in the swing of things and start in March or so.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Fun updates. The pictures in the leaves are so cute. I can see those in black and white and hanging on your walls. Beautiful! Way to go on the swimming. I have not been as diligent in that department. Maybe this summer I'll get it in gear.

I know what you mean about the progress. When you can see measureable progress like that, it is a payday, for sure.

Brandon said...

Nice job Livi! Can't wait to see her swimming circles at Rockaway.