Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Josie Update

From Drop Box


Josie Josie Josie,

Growing up so very fast. I love Josie's outlook on life. Generally she is really quite positive and fun loving. Sure there are times when she doesn't want to do stuff and lately the fact that 'all these 3rd graders in dance class have their own cell phones" is really bothering her--since she does not have one, of course. Can someone please tell me why 3rd graders need cell phones? I don't get it.

Anyway, while we discuss all the things that a 4th grader 'needs' these days, Josie is taking her dance classes and swimming. She takes German and volleyball in the morning before school. Both the German and volleyball will only last for about 2 months. Volleyball is once per week and German is twice each week. I love it because it is during Adventure Club time and so it isn't an extra trip anywhere for those programs.

Next Wednesday, she will get to walk in a parade during the MUvs.KU volleyball game. It should be a fun evening! We had hoped to go last year, but Josie came home sick with a fever and stomach virus that day. I hope she will get to participate this year. Oh, Livi has been rooting fiercely for the Jawhawks lately. I was horrified to hear this, but I finally found out that there is a table at school that she sits at called "Jayhawks" and that is what she is rooting for. I can't hardly believe that someone in Columbia would do that to a kid. I am about ready to file a grievance. :)

3 comments:

Lexie said...

Tell Jocelyn I feel the same way about the whole cell phone thing. Accually don't. It won't help the battle! Her picture on the side of your blog is so pretty!

Jennie said...

Great updates! First of all, you'll have to inform Josie that Lex doesn't have a cell phone either - and she is in 7th grade. I too hear all about how the world is so unfair. We are thinking of having a family phone she can take when she does need it. However it would stay in the kitchen at night (no texting all through the night) and it wouldn't stay on her all the time - only when she needs it. We'll see.

Great Job Livi on the swimming. We are going to try and hit it hard next summer with Jacks. Hopefully we'll make some progress.

Susan said...

Thanks for your help with this one, ladies!!! She just smiled when she heard she got comments from you all :)

I LOVE all your beach pictures!