Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rockaway Beach 2010




We were not able to spend as much time in Rockaway Beach this year because of school orientation and work as we have in the past but we had a great time! It was very nice to have some down time surrounded by family. Jason got the opportunity to play cards for hours on end; the girls got the opportunity to swim for hours on end;I got some uninterrupted shopping time; and Cody had free reign of a cabin without incident. Wow!

On Saturday evening, we took the girls to the Dixie Stampede show in Branson. They had a great time watching the show and eating with their fingers :) Livi was giggling and said "This is the best show I ever been too. and food too!"

There was some pretty great swimming progress made by out two little ones! Josie was able to do a standing dive and Livi was able to swim without her life jacket for a few feet WITH HER HEAD IN THE WATER! :) Sorry, you need to FEEL the accomplishment! She is SOOOOO excited. She can't wait to show her swimming instructor! Livi is not able to take a breath while swimming (she has to put her feet down for that) but I was really impressed with the progress she has made this summer. It is a big boost for her confidence and she is very proud.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Your trip looks fun as well. I'm loving your little dog. What a sweetie. I bet the girls can't get enough of him.

Minnie said...

We enjoyed being with everyone as well. Great Job Swimming Girls. Keep up the great work!