
Wow, 1st and 4th grade already! The girls were ready to go and there were no squabbles, no tears, and no sadness when it was time for the drop off. What a relief!
Josie got the teacher she was hoping for and Olivia's teachers are very nice as well. Her special ed teacher is the same one she had last year so that was an easy transition (not to have 2 new teachers). I saw Olivia's kindergarten teacher in the hall after school today and she told me that when she saw Olivia in the hall earlier in the day, she stopped and said hi to Olivia. Olivia ducked her head in her shy way, but as the teacher told her how happy she was to see Olivia, Olivia slowly walked to her (head still ducked) and gave her a big hug. The teacher said it just made her day and she wanted to do a happy dance but restrained herself until later :) What a long way Livi has come from last year where she was lying on the floor screaming. I'm not saying it won't happen again, but it was nice to have such a good day. Livi did confess that there was a time when "I was very very sad that my parents weren't there to help me". I asked her if there was something she had trouble with and she said yes. We talked about how sometimes school is hard but that just means you are learning new things. We also talked about raising her hand when she is having trouble and asking for help. Hopefully, we will begin to see some of those things soon too.
Josie is gearing up to go to a birthday party after school tomorrow so she is, of course, very excited about that. She has a group of about 7-8 friends that she regularly plays with. It has been the same group since kindergarten--with a couple of additions but really no subtractions. It is nice to hear her chat on the phone with her friends (I'm sure this will get old soon) but for now, it is fun and I'm happy that she has a group she feels comfortable with.
I am gearing up for school on Monday. Certainly, I am a bit nervous to be doing this again. I read through my assignments tonight and wondered what in the world I signed up for. At my current rate, this will take 4 years to complete (I am only taking 1 class a semester to start). I think that it will be plenty for me until I can get some of my skills back or until I admit I was crazy and quit again. Either way, it will all work out the way it should. I do have one goal before Monday...a REALLY THOROUGH housecleaning! Well, at least getting most of it done :) Three rooms down, a few more to go!
1 comment:
What cute 1st day pictures! I can't believe summer is over. We start school Monday. I hate to admit it, but I did the "Ding dong, the witch is dead" dance/ song today. (wizard of oz) Only 3 more days of keeping my kids from fighting too much. I think we are all ready to go back. Well.... except for Jackson. I think I rocked his world today when I mentioned there were only 3 more days till school. I saw the anxiety sky rocket. Poor kid. Crossing my fingers that his new meds kick in FAST.
Post a Comment