So, I can't help it. As soon as I finish one vacation, I like to start thinking about the next one. It may not be for a year or two, but I like to plan it and not be rushed. So...I wanted to throw out my idea for the next vacation to everyone because we plan to take the girls with us and if anyone is interested in joining us for all or part of it you are welcome to! I'm throwing it out a year or two in advance so that people can have a chance to plan, save, etc.
Here's my idea:
--fly to northern California
--drive south on Hwy 101 through the redwood trees "Avenue of the Giants"
--possibly take a day or so to swing through Napa Valley on the way to San Francisco
--spend a day or two in San Francisco
--drive to Yosemite and spend 2-3 days there
--drive to Monterey, CA stay the night there and then start driving Hwy 1 south. Spend 2-3 days driving this stretch of road, visiting beaches, Hearst Castle,
--fly back home from Santa Barbara
So far, my itinerary is 900+ miles of driving and about 11? days. If you aren't interested in the whole thing, people can jump in and out for whatever portion they would like.
We will probably book attempting to avoid the girls missing a lot of school time and to find the cheapest airfare :) Let us know if you would be interested in all or part of the trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment