Sunday, January 17, 2010

January - ick

January is my least favorite month of the year. We've usually had just enough snow or slush that it is starting to lose its magic; my car is constantly a disaster; the floors need frequent cleaning due to the large amount of mud and ash that is tracked in; there is a bit of a holiday let-down when cleaning up all the remnants of an exciting time and returning back to "normal"; and, of course, it is COLD outside. I would never survive where weathers are harsh. I can barely make it through the mild winter without going stir crazy.

That being said, there are 3 things I like about January:
  • my dad's birthday get together (more on that in the next post)
  • New Year's Resolutions (yep, I'm a sucker)
  • after-Christmas shopping
I'm not a 'day after Christmas" shopper because of the crowds, but I do LOVE scoring a deal on marked down kids winter clothes after Christmas. I made my way through the stores this past week and was so stinkin' excited to find some really great deals. Let's just say that the girls are well stocked for next year's sizes (and, even a bit into the next size after that). It's pretty hard to pass up $1-4 shirts, sweaters, fleece pull-overs, hats, gloves, etc. The only thing I'm not brave enough to buy ahead of time is pants. It's hard enough to find pants that fit when I buy them that very day, let alone a year in advance!

I was a little worried about Livi's reaction because I literally brought home a pile of clothes for Josie and only 2 shirts for Livi. I loved Livi's actual reaction, however, because we were sure to let her try on one of Josie's shirts and join in on the fun. She said, "Oh look, these are Josie's clothes now but when they are too small for her they will be mine". Yep, that's exactly how the clothes roll around here.

No comments: