
With everyone's work schedules, Thanksgiving festivities are taking place latter in the week in Cole Camp for our families. We will drive to Cole Camp tomorrow and celebrate with Jason's family tomorrow and then on Saturday we will spend time with my family. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and can't wait to come down. Livi's been begging to go for two weeks now...I'll be glad to get her a 'family fix'.Once we heard the Thanksgiving plans, Jason suggested that we have our own Thanksgiving meal here at our house with the girls helping to cook it. It sounded like a great plan as I have always been spoiled and have never made a Thanksgiving meal yet. This seemed like a nice way to practice some new recipes and do a trial run.
We started bright and early this morning and I'm shocked to say we were ready to eat before 11:30. None of us ate breakfast so we were VERY ready to eat lunch. Our original plan was to eat a late lunch and a big breakfast with pancakes to tide us over. We improvised :)
I'm really excited to say that we had a super-great Thanksgiving Dinner! We made:
Turkey/Gravy
Sage/Apple & Sausage Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Dutch Apple Pie
All we were missing was another family or some additional people to help us finish it off! Ah well, it is a great feeling to know that dinner is taken care of tonight too. Jason says that pie should become my new 'standard'. I'll confess to already eating a bit too much of it myself.
The girls had a great time helping make dinner. Livi made the bread crumbs and helped wash. She was also in charge of making sure we had music playing the entire time. It was a little heavy on Miley's "Ice Cream Freeze" song and Taylor Swift, but that's alright :) Josie was a great help--she got a little bit of a cut peeling potatoes but she de-stemmed and cut the green beans perfectly, helped wash a lot of vegetables/fruit. What a great helper!
During dinner, we played talked about what we are thankful for, played some I-Spy, and Livi led a game in voting on what everyone liked. After the dishes were cleared away, we played a board game. Apparently this was a big enough dose of mommy and daddy for the girls, as they went their own ways and J and I caught a nap on the couch. What a great day!
Sage/Apple & Sausage Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Dutch Apple Pie
All we were missing was another family or some additional people to help us finish it off! Ah well, it is a great feeling to know that dinner is taken care of tonight too. Jason says that pie should become my new 'standard'. I'll confess to already eating a bit too much of it myself.The girls had a great time helping make dinner. Livi made the bread crumbs and helped wash. She was also in charge of making sure we had music playing the entire time. It was a little heavy on Miley's "Ice Cream Freeze" song and Taylor Swift, but that's alright :) Josie was a great help--she got a little bit of a cut peeling potatoes but she de-stemmed and cut the green beans perfectly, helped wash a lot of vegetables/fruit. What a great helper!
During dinner, we played talked about what we are thankful for, played some I-Spy, and Livi led a game in voting on what everyone liked. After the dishes were cleared away, we played a board game. Apparently this was a big enough dose of mommy and daddy for the girls, as they went their own ways and J and I caught a nap on the couch. What a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment