Monday, November 16, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out...


On Friday, I picked up the movie Annie to watch with the girls. I remember loving that movie (still do) and I knew that a musical was exactly the type of thing to bond with Josie over. Josie and I snuggled in her bed on Friday night and watched it. She thought it was hilarious.

Saturday, after dinner, Josie instructed everyone to bring her their dishes so that she could wash them "the old fashioned way--you know, like they did wayyy back when". That old fashioned way, of course, is by hand. Let's just say that it is survival of the fittest at our house and that includes the dishes. If they can't stand up to the dishwasher, they do not exist for long here. Of course, I have a few exceptions, but Josie's unawareness of this being a primary means to finish dishes just shows how often it is done. I'm excited because this whole Annie act lasted ALL WEEKEND. She was volunteering to scrub floors, wash dishes and essentially wanted to wait on us hand and foot. It totally rocked. Anyway, the best part of the entire scenario is the fact that Josie is belting "It's a hard knock life for us" as she slaves away...

Before Annie lightened our tomorrows with making child labor cool, I was home with the girls and we were able to pick up Josie's new glasses. I let her pick them out and she chose a light pink frame. She was a little worried that people would make fun of her (at least that's what some friends told her--that people would make fun of her) but today was her first day and I'm happy to report that generally people just said 'nice glasses' to her. They did give her a headache so she had to take some breaks from them.

Over the weekend, Jason and I also started in on some projects on the house. We replaced the kitchen faucet, the 2 faucets in our bathroom, and the light fixtures in our bathroom. Naturally, because everything at our house comes with the kinks included for free, Livi got some practice repeating "words that you will get in trouble for using at school" but I'm happy to report that we got them completed and are happy with the results. In a few months, we hope to finally do a small remodel to the girls bathroom, change a couple of light fixtures (come on, I bet you can guess which ones are finally getting the boot) and finally paint the trim. Working our way through, one room at a time....

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Oh, I'm jealous about the faucets and fixtures. I've had two sitting in my office for about 3 months now. Ryan knows what it involves to put them in and has been putting it at the back of the list for a while now. I'm almost to the point of hiring it out.