Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Volleyball, Speech & German

Josie started playing Volleyball this week. She said that she 'scored a point, but it's pretty hard to actually hit it. Sometimes I miss". I told her that all volleyball players miss sometimes--otherwise no one would ever get any points and the game would never end. I also shared that I CERTAINLY missed more than my fair share... :) Anyway, she thought that was funny and we had a good laugh.

On Monday, Josie fell outside Livi's school (just like I did last week). She hurt her knee--not bad, but it was a little swollen and was sore enough to keep her from dance class. I told her about me not only wiping out myself, but taking Livi down with me and spraining my ankle the previous week. I'm beginning to wonder about the safety of picking Livi up from school...

Josie also started German lessons today. Luckily, the volleyball and german classes are before school when she would normally be in Adventure Club. So these are really 'easy' activities for us, as parents, to facilitate participation in--we just drop her off like we normally would and they come to the school and provide these great services. She was really excited about German class today.

Livi also had a great day at speech! Last week was a little rough (she chucked Play-Doh across the room trying to get her "NO" across and refused to participate a bit). In her defense and to my great satisfaction, they push Livi pretty hard in speech. She's worn out by the time they are done. I can tell a huge improvement already though and am so excited we've had the opportunity to participate in this program at the college. Anyway, today she had an excellent day. She was able to have conversations that were a big struggle 2 weeks ago (and last week, obviously!). I'm very excited for her.

To celebrate, we headed over to the 63 Diner which has reopened here in Columbia. They bring the kids meals out in cardstock convertibles which are pretty cool and the kids got ice cream/balloon. I think they had a great time (and so did we--vanilla coke from the fountain...yum!).

No comments: