
The first week of school...just writing that makes me tired :) It was a long, tough week. The girls had been enjoying their time off and hanging out with grandma's during the month of August. School started Monday in Columbia. Jocelyn has been on cloud 9 all week. She loves her teacher, she loves her classroom, her best friend from preschool is finally in her class again along with 2 other close friends and she gets to go to Adventure Club (which means she no longer has to ride the bus). Really, she couldn't be happier. She is unhappy with us when we pick her up too early and wants to stay there all day. I think 2-3 times this week she told me, "I love my teacher so much I listen to her instead of talking so I'm not getting in trouble!". Novel idea, eh? Jocelyn also started dance class again. I think her dance recital will be in the May. The weekend of the 14-16. They will announce specifics around Spring Break. She seems to like that as well. Her teacher wrote in her Friday Folder "Jocelyn has had a GREAT week!"
Livi also started school--Kindergarten!! Her week did not go quite as smoothly. She has cried everyday this week except for maybe one. One day, it was not just crying but she threw herself down on the floor and the Adventure Club staff went to find the principal for assistance (uh oh). She is spending some of her day in the special education classroom. There is another little girl there that she knows from preschool, so I'm hoping a familiar face helps. Livi acts like she likes school, but it just seems that it's all a bit overwhelming for her. Hence the crying. When she gets home, she starts barking orders like a drill sergeant and has been very moody and whiny. We are hoping that all will settle down soon. Her teacher said that she's done a pretty good job this week, but has a bit of concern that once the expectations are higher, Livi may struggle a little more. Her special ed teacher wrote in Livi's Friday Folder "No tears today :) She is quick to learn and does well when choices are given. I think it has been an awesome week for a kindergartner."
Jason and I started on our food/exercise plan again (bah humbug). It's going pretty well, really. We always FEEL better when we follow it and I'm finally getting a bit of energy back today. I had my best run since college this morning! We also started taking a financial planning class that is offered through the University. It's on Wednesday nights for 13 weeks. We have a babysitter here in town now that we are comfortable with and so we plan to go to several of these classes together.
Swimming lessons start next week as well. Horseback starts the following week. I also got a call that one of the waiting lists that Livi has been on for speech has opened up. She can begin speech again on Thursday! They have an opening for 2 days a week, 50 minute sessions. I am glad she will finally be getting the attention she needs in that area. It will be tough for us to get her there--4pm start time; but I'm hoping that my flexibility with my schedule can make it happen most days.
2 comments:
You are right! What a week! I hope things get easier for Livi. Transition is so hard. I'm also excited for her speech access. That will be such a powerful tool for her. Good luck. Hopefully next week you will see a lot of "no tears today".
Whew...I'm tired just reading that! Give the girls big hugs from Aunt Lezlie.
Post a Comment