Monday, March 9, 2009

First Sleepover





We survived Jocelyn's first sleepover. I hope the girls had a great time--they seemed to :) It started at 6pm with a scavenger hunt through the house and yard. The girls had a little gift at each spot with a clue directing them to the next spot. Luckily, it didn't rain (looked and smelled like it) and we got it done just before dark. After that, we let them color the wooden girls ($1 kit from Michael's--who has the BEST dollar section by the way!) while I made some pizzas. The girls occupied themselves really well and so we didn't need all of the activities I planned which is always a good thing! You hate to run out of activities...

As expected, there wasn't much sleeping. The first one to bed went at a great hour of 1030pm. Jocelyn and one of her friends were up past me (and I went to bed at 130am). When I woke up the next morning, I saw the evidence of what 2 little 8 year olds can occupy themselves with at 2am! Josie's friend thought it would be great to try out the cake with her hands and they got out a ton of craft supplies in Josie's bedroom. Using regular paintbrushes for nail polish...hmmm...

The girls went home between 930-11 am on Saturday and Jocelyn and I got to spend the day recovering. We got some lunch at Josie's choice (always Taco Bell) on the way back and then I took her swimming at the ARC. Also her choice. After that, it was a quiet evening and we watched movies. Fun time with Josie!

Jason did everyone a favor by taking Olivia and Cody to visit his mom. I think Cody underfoot (and Olivia trying to keep up with the older girls as well as having trouble sleeping with all the noise) would've been difficult. I definitely kept busy as it was :)

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Oh Wow! You are brave! I'm glad the girls had fun though. I'm sure J will remember it for some time! Oh and yes... those shoes are compfortable. However it does depend upon how much you love to wear heels. I am a heels kind of girl. I have to do something to try and make up for my lack of height. :) Have a great week! Oh and I'm reading this GREAT book called The Explosive Child by Ross W. Greene. It totally pegs Jackson's behavior. It is also a wonderful tool for parents. It helps you realize that it really isn't you and you aren't a bad parent. These kiddos are just hyper sensitive. I am only a few chaperts in to it, but so far so good. I am hoping it will give me some good coping tools to help with the outburts. It also talks a lot about training your child and giving them the correct social skills to cope with situations. I wonder if you may want to mention it in the upcoming newsletter. Perhaps other parents may benefit from the book.