Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad & Mom!



Over the weekend, we celebrated my dad's birthday. We also celebrated my mom's birthday--even though it isn't technically until March--due to the large number of birthdays during that time. Mom and Dad took us bowling and then for pizza afterward. It was a pretty great party! The kids had a good time even though Olivia had a little trouble during the bowling game dealing with being tired. Jason had a good game (especially considering that I don't think I've seen him bowl but once before). I was just ecstatic to have a score greater than 100. I don't think that's ever happened before.

The kids are always such a crack up when they are together. They just have so much fun and I love to see that. I'm amazed how quickly the kids have all grown up and how completely different their personalities are. For example, that picture of Josie all posed out like that is very reflective of her personality.

After the family time, mom and dad offered to watch all of the kids and the 'older kids' went to a movie. When we got back, we got to see the fabulously large tent that the kids had created. I think almost all of them were playing underneath it.

Other Randomness: We found Cody's 'dirty little secret' when I was cleaning the other day. Let's just say I was not pleased. So, in light of that set-back, I have been limiting his roam in the house and he is doing much better with that. He's taken himself potty on the pad when I didn't get him out quick enough. Hopefully there are no more surprise spots for awhile.

The puppy has been good for the girls. Probably Olivia the most. She and Cody have an interesting relationship. At first (and still at times) we were a little concerned for either of them at any given moment because she plays the most physically with him. He was running away from her most of the time last week, but this week he comes to her with his tail wagging and doesn't try to jump out of her hands as much. Progress.

Lately, there has been a great post by one of the other 'duplication moms'. We've always had a link to her blog, but there is one particular post that I feel is very relevant to our situation so I'm including a link here.

No comments: