Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Week

It's been a hectic week at work so I haven't had the chance to catch up here at home until now. I had off on Tuesday and Friday since I worked last weekend and the three day weekend this week has been wonderful.

Jocelyn struggled with talking a bit at the beginning of the week, but we sat down and 'made a plan' to help. She suggested to her teacher that she be moved away from someone she likes to talk to at 'carpet time' (they have assigned seats) and that her desk be by itself. I think her teacher was taken aback a bit because Josie said she just said 'we'll see' and then when Josie was talking her teacher took the opportunity to move her then. She didn't get in trouble the last two days of the week.

We kept Olivia home on Monday and Tuesday. She has some signs of Josie's cold from last week and we were worried that it would get a bit worse quickly. I think it's good we kept her home. She still has some cold symptoms but I think we avoided her getting worse.

Friday, we celebrated Jason's birthday a little early since we would be in Cole Camp on his actual birthday (and because his gift came in the mail and the girls were really excited so we thought it'd be fun). We had a good time. Of course, we had to light the candles on the cupcakes at least 5 times for Olivia to really get to enjoy blowing them out over and over and over.

Today, we rearranged a bunch of furniture in the house. We always move Olivia's bed away from an outer wall in the winter to keep her as warm as possible. We moved the bookcases from our room into hers to give her easier access to her toys.

I finally broke down and bought a pre-lit Christmas tree. We bought a smaller one that would fit into our room a bit better. I love this one because I don't have to rearrange all my furniture to fit it in here. Oh, yeah--speaking of furniture, I went to a place that a co-worker recommended. It is a thrift shop, I guess, definitely resale and I found a blue chair I fell in love with for a steal! It is a '50's style modern chair in a blue fabric that matches the blue in my living room exactly. I'm sure it's a bit bright for many households, but I love it! The lady looked a bit surprised--it's probably one of those things that they had bets on who would ever buy it! I'll post a picture sometime soon :)

Because we bought the tree today and will be out of town most of next weekend, we went ahead and put up the tree and some of the Christmas decorations. The girls had a blast. I think that this year they participated the most and got the most excited about each and every decoration they put up. They were telling stories about them and showing each other. It was such a nice time and one that reminds me how lucky Jason and I are.

Sorry no pictures today. We are having some computer problems and I don't think the upload would get done...bah humbug!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I hope everyone gets feeling better. I can't wait to see the chair. It sounds awesome!