See below for some pictures taken in Gatlinberg this summer of the girls being goofy...
Well, the girls are getting in their visits to grandmas' houses before Colorado and school. Jason's mom and dad had the girls from Friday through Sunday and they just left for my mom and dad's house until Saturday/Sunday. Thank you all so much. It's hard for us to admit sometimes, but we (me especially, I think), were getting to the end of our rope of patience and energy and this is just the pick-me-up that was needed. So--thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Jason and I kept very busy during that time--we got the regular chores done, bottled beer, yard work, etc. and then I went into work for awhile as well. We did eat out often and splurged on a couple of places we haven't been in a while (one, really). Of course, we made the round to Flatbranch on Friday night to sample this month's beers and fill up on great food. Saturday night, we went to CC's City Broiler which we haven't been to in probably a year or two. It was SOOOOOOOOO good. I didn't remember it being quite THAT good last time we went, but this time I actually got a steak (their specialty) and we had a bottle of wine before we were seated which always makes it better :) Anyway, I think I said 30-40 times "This is Sooo good" during the meal. It was a slice of heaven.
This week has been pretty busy as well. I signed Josie up f
or Taekwondo classes to begin after we get back from vacation. I have no idea what I'm thinking...this is what Josie has been begging to do and she has stuck with gymnastics and plans to continue it as well. She says she needs Taekwondo to beat up the boys on the playground...I think she's just kidding...I hope...Her other reason is that it will make her "strong and healthy". I agree with that. She is on a kick about 'healthy' and 'calories' lately. Someone at school told her something about calories and she is obsessed. Not in the way that she won't eat something if it has too many, but she really wants to know about them and how many there are in everything and how much exercise you should do for strong muscles.
or Taekwondo classes to begin after we get back from vacation. I have no idea what I'm thinking...this is what Josie has been begging to do and she has stuck with gymnastics and plans to continue it as well. She says she needs Taekwondo to beat up the boys on the playground...I think she's just kidding...I hope...Her other reason is that it will make her "strong and healthy". I agree with that. She is on a kick about 'healthy' and 'calories' lately. Someone at school told her something about calories and she is obsessed. Not in the way that she won't eat something if it has too many, but she really wants to know about them and how many there are in everything and how much exercise you should do for strong muscles. 
Olivia is still pushing buttons, but has her good days too. She was an angel for Jason last night and today as well. We are gearing up for camp next week. We will drive to Cole Camp on Saturday night to go to Camryn and Camille's birthday and then will stay overnight at my mom and dad's. From there, we will start driving to Colorado. It will take about 12 hours. We plan to stay overnight somewhere on Sunday night and finish the trip and check in on Monday. We will return on Sunday, August 17th. Open house for school is the 18th. School resumes on the 19th. Where did summer go????
2 comments:
I can't wait to hear all about Adam's Camp. Hopefully we'll be able to attend.... some day. :)
Hey Susan,
This is Kimberly (Price) Marimon...I found the link to your family blog one day while doing my weekly reading on little miss MAYA and the Heimsoth Zoo. I began reading about your family and found your blog very intresting. Having known you both in school, although not well, it has been fun reading all of the adventures in your day to day life. I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy it and that I am continualy thinking of and praying for little Olivia. Both of your girls sound like sweet children! You do a fabulous job with the blog!!
Sincerely,
Kimberly Marimon
www.themarimonhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment