Sunday night we were eating dinner and after we were done praying, we got into a discussion about why we pray and then what we are thankful for. Jocelyn was thankful for many things and it made me smile to hear them--food, getting to do things that she likes & plants. I asked Olivia what she was thankful for (I hate to confess that I was expecting either no answer or one not really related to the conversation) but she answered pretty quickly and very clearly--"Josie". I can tell you that all was well at our house the rest of the night. Jocelyn's face broke out into a big smile and she was so pleased that every time I turned around they were getting things for each other without being asked, hugging, and playing together like a dream. It was very sweet. I realized a bit more how much it meant to Josie when she asked me about it last night before bed--"mom, why did Olivia say that about me--that she was thankful for me?". I asked her what she thought and she said "because she loves me so much" with a shy smile. I've told anyone who asks how Jocelyn is with Olivia that she is the best big sister that Olivia could have possibly gotten and we are so lucky.
Olivia has taken her speech up a level this week. We are having some short back and forth conversations (on topic and without great pause!!!). She is bringing up topics that occurred in the past (not just observations that are in the moment). For example, today on the way to school she said "I rode that with Papa. I rode that . . .(mumbled jargon while she tried to get the word out) ." "4-wheeler?" I asked "you rode the 4-wheeler with Papa?" "Yes I did" she said. She also told us about her bracelet and how it hurts her arm when I commented how pretty it was.
Jocelyn has had a terrible cough that is keeping her up at night. We are wondering if it is allergies. She will only have gymnastics one time this week because the lady who gives her private lessons is out of town (as am I) on Thursday night. I leave on Thursday for Dallas and will be back Friday night (that should be tiring). Poor Jason, I'm out of town and there were 3 places to take the girls on Thursday night.
I got to go to a pampered chef party Monday night at a past co-worker's home. It was a beautiful new home and she made several appetizers that I'm going to have to try at home! Yummmm . . .
4 comments:
That is absolutely adorable! Olivia is such a sweetie. Tell them both that Aunt Lezlie sends hugs and kisses and that we miss them very much.
Let's just hope Josie will take Olivia to the nurses office if she gets sick on the bus instead of making someone else do it.
Even though they may have their little spats I can see they have a great fondness and love for one another. So Sweet! I would love to have a copy of that picture for my desk at work and Papa said he would like one too. Love and Kisses, Minnie
So cute! When kids get along... all is right with the world. I am so happy that Olivia is making progress with her speech. What a pay day for you!
Post a Comment