Friday, March 14, 2008

Olivia's week at School


Jason and I got the following email last night from Olivia's teacher:


Hi Susan and Jason,

I just wanted to let you both know what a great day Olivia had...actually, it was a great week! She has been talking a lot more in the classroom and today we happened to be outside with one of the other classes we generally don't see on the playground. One of the peers in that class and Olivia really hit it off and played with each other for about 20 minutes. They had giant bubble wands and were pretending they were keys and they were using them to get away from people who were "chasing them" on the train! Olivia was initiating much of the play and they chatted with her new friend the entire time. Katie and I were taking turns eavesdropping and loving it! When the other little girl returned to class, Olivia looked so sad! :( The teacher in that room was gone today, but when she gets back, I'll talk to her about rearranging our schedule a bit to see if we can try to be on the playground at the same time as them at least a couple times a week. Hope you have a great weekend!


We were both really happy to read that she had a good week and that her teachers were so attentive to her and are hoping to incorporate this more. On another great note, because I am home with the girls today, we have been practicing potty with Olivia. We started the morning with an accident, but recovered with some prompting (and by putting the potty in front of the playstation). We tried some more with no success--but no accidents either--but then, after lunch as I was cleaning up the dishes, I told Olivia that we were going to sit on the potty soon. I heard a yell from Josie that "Olivia went potty!". She took herself potty (and went)!!!! Of course we celebrated BIG :) I hate to go on and on, but this has been such a battle for what feels like such a long time--we'll take what we can get! Woo hoo!!!!


As far as the girls being sick--we stayed home this morning because Josie had a temp of 99.5. We thought it would get worse but she is down to normal at this time with no meds. Olivia is fine too. Afternoons are always the worst so we'll watch through that, but if they are still without a temp then we will plan to have the party.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Oh Yeah! Congratulations you guys! I hear ya on the potty training issue. A sweet day, a sweet day indeed. Keep up the great work Livie!