Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Catching up . . . last week Wednesday




Well, I'm running a bit behind as you can see--there has been a lot of stuff going over the past week! Let's start with last Wednesday, Olivia's birthday: We had this great plan to celebrate Jocelyn's birthday with her friends at Going Bonkers and since we knew Olivia would love to go there as well, it seemed like the perfect solution for both (Jocelyn would get to play with her friends and Olivia would get to do something fun on her birthday). Instead, Olivia got sick--she came home Tuesday with a fever and continued to have it on Wednesday. Because Jason & I had already taken off work so much this past month for illness/appointments/etc., we called my mom and she came and spent time with Olivia on her birthday (THANK YOU, MOM!!!). So, I took the Jocelyn and we managed a great party while Jason came home and met my mom so she could drive back home (yeah, it's not like she just lives down the road, as most of you know--she drove an hour and a half one way to do this for us). Olivia felt so poorly that she didn't even open her presents until later that night--she refused in the morning and just wimpered.


I thought the pictures of the girls at the party were adorable. Jocelyn had a great time and I think her friends did too. It's pretty bad, but Jason and I forgot to plan Josie's party with friends after we told her that she could have one. It just wasn't mentioned again and with everything else that was going on, it just slipped through the cracks. Well, let me tell you, Bonkers can pull off a party at the last minute and all of the friends families were so kind to agree to bring their kids on such short notice. I just had to show up with the birthday girl!

1 comment:

Minnie said...

Looks as if Jocelyn and her friends had a great time.
Love, MINNIE