


We took it easy on Sunday. Jason and I went to a movie and the girls got to spend time with Emily. After that, we grabbed a pizza at Shakespeare's and Frozen Custard around the corner.
One of the things I love about when kiddos are getting older is the funny things they say as they are getting used to trying out words and phrases in new ways. Some of our favorite stories from the last couple of weeks are:
- On the way home from Kentucky, we happened upon the smell of a freshly killed skunk. It was potent. It was stronger than your average road kill skunk. From the back seat, the girls begin moaning about the bad smell and then one of them pipes up, "It smells like roast chicken back here!". Since I am the only person who roasts a chicken in our house, Jason immediately started laughing and throws in "Oh, it smells like momma's roast chicken?". From there, we have a new joke because anytime you associate someone's name with it at our house it becomes funny for weeks (at least for two little girls). Olivia's way of creating jokes is to substitute names for something that has gotten a laugh. So, when she wants to tease her dad, she just pipes up "It smelled like DADDY'S roast chicken, not momma's" and the fight is on :)
- Another quirk going on at our house is that Olivia only wants me to make her chocolate milk. Apparently, Jason is much stingier than I when it comes to adding the chocolate. If he wants to get a rise out of Livi, Jason simply threatens to make her chocolate milk and says "I'm just going to put a LITTLE bit of chocolate in it". Guaranteed fighting words that will start a tickling/screaming war (sometimes it goes over better than others). Anyway, I was not home and Livi was desperate for milk--at least I assume she was since she had Jason make it. He said that as he was pouring the milk, she instructed him to "make it brown like coffee". I love that she's working on her words to describe new things. And no, I do NOT make it that chocolaty but at least we know what she's aiming for!
- Finally, Jason was driving the girls home from school one day and Josie was talking about an item that she was not allowed to take to school. Livi really works hard to be part of every conversation so she pipes in "You aren't supposed to take dynamite to school and put fire on it either". Um, no, Livi, you would be exactly right about that. I have no idea where she heard about dynamite but at least she knows not to take it to school.
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I love when you can start to see little snippets of their adult personality. You'll have to write all of these things down. I always used to think, "Oh, I won't ever forget this." But... life is busy and I do. :) Love those girls! What cute little women.
Post a Comment