On Friday, the girls were released from school early. On Monday, school was called off. I'm still really not sure why, but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. Today, school was also called off and so I am home with my little ladies. Today's cancellation was a bit more appropriate as there is actually snow covering the ground and the roads were not cleared in time for the start of school.
A couple of weeks ago, my mom came to town and the girls were each able to pick out a Hermit Crab at the pet store. As someone who had Hermit Crabs as pets when I was little, I was supportive of this pet choice. Today, however, Livi discovered that her Hermit Crab (named Mr. Crabs) had died. After some tears and some crying, Livi began asking questions and making accusations
"Josie's crab killed my crab!" she yelled.
"No, Olivia, I think your crab got sick" I told her
"Well he needed some medicine to get better" she deduced
"That's a good idea, but I don't think they make medicine for sick hermit crabs"
Luckily she accepted this reasoning. The death of a pet is never easy (even if you have only had the pet for a short time).
2 comments:
That is too bad. Losing a little pet is always hard.
Jazmyn lost a fish tonight that she has had for over 3 years. We get very close to our pets...even fish! We're thinking about you Oliva and I am sure that "Mr Crabs" and "Nemo" are having a great time together in Heaven! ~Love Jazmyn and Kimberly
Post a Comment