




y


a

Although Jason doesn't contribute to the blog by posting, he does select pictures that he likes and shrinks them for me so I don't have to do that when I sit down to post (awww...). So, here are some pictures from a picnic in the park that we did the day before school started.
We have completed the 3rd week of school and things are starting to get into a rhythm. The girls are having good experiences at school and seem to be happy. Livi has begun transitioning into a regular classroom for more hours in her day. Jocelyn continues to get very complimentary notes from her teacher and it is a relief for me not to have her riding the bus any longer. Although we have two stops to make before and after school, they are not too far from each other and that makes it a bit easier. Plus, Josie's school is very near to my work and Livi's speech is on the college campus (also near to where I work and Josie's school is). We dropped swimming lessons when speech began. Josie is taking dance class on Monday nights and we have signed her up for a volleyball league in the mornings before school. The MU volleyball team runs the clinic for several weeks and so that should be fun her for her to try it without too much commitment :) Josie will also begin Language Club at school. She will be introduced to a foreign language two days each week for 10 weeks. She chose German as her first choice and French as her second choice. We'll see what actually happens. Maybe we can pick up some tips before our trip!
Livi started horseback riding again this week and Jason said that it went really well for her. She didn't fuss at all and was happy to ride. Hopefully, this will carry over to the new pony that waits for the girls at my mom and dad's house! Josie has told me all about Goldie and is looking forward to riding her soon. Speech is going well for Livi too. The therapist is a student with a professor who observes by camera the entire time. It is obvious that the therapist is taking the sessions seriously and puts a lot of time and effort into Olivia's lessons. We are grateful for the opportunity to participate in this program.
Jason and I are taking a financial planning course that lasts for 13 weeks. Although we will not attend all sessions together, we have hired a babysitter for the girls so that we can attend some of them together. It's nice to get out of the house together and the girls enjoy their time with Emily. Livi pretty much pushed us out the door this week so I would say she is adjusting well.
All-in-all that is a summary of what is going on at our house right now. It feels very busy and I am happy for the weekend to be here! If only I didn't work on Sunday... :)
2 comments:
And I thought my life was busy. I don't see how you guys do it. But, I'm guessing I will eventually be in the same boat.
What cute pictures of the girls. The scenery is beautiful. I'm glad O is liking speech and that she isn't fighting it. Therapy is always so much more pleasant that way. :) Your schedule sounds packed like mine. Ahhh.... the joys of the school year and all that comes with it. Oh and what a great opportunity with the foreign lang. exposure. I hope she is able to pick up a few words and phrases. That is exciting!
Post a Comment