Monday, June 1, 2009

Rocheport

Sunday was a pretty fun and productive day at our house. I ran to the grocery store first thing and then we suited up the girls--no, we do not choose dresses for hiking on purpose, the girls just really like to wear dresses and skirts. They rarely wear shorts. Anyway, we drove to Rocheport to check out the trail and look around town. We haven't taken the girls to do this yet and it seemed like a good way to break up some monotony. It was a great plan! The girls had a blast on the trail.

We suffered a few more mosquito bites than we would've liked, so after almost an hour on the trail we headed in and found a restaurant--Abigail's--that was FAB-U-LOUS. I could have eaten ALL DAY LONG!!! It's a very cute restaurant. There are no menus. The specials (about 7-8 of them) are written on a white board. They bring the board over to your table and you order from there. Only two people were working--a cook and the waitress/owner. There is no kids menu, but they kindly offered to make the girls' food as a special order. We thanked them and declined. The food looked great in the display cases and J and I wanted to eat it the way it was supposed to be eaten :) To be fair, we ordered the dishes with the girls' tastes in mind and then shared them at the table. We ordered ravioli (in garlic, tomato and Alfredo sauce), salmon cakes (which came over a salad with homemade dressing) and turkey, bacon & onion quessadilla. We did get the avocado for the quesadilla on the side and I'm glad we did because the girls inhaled it and I think the avocado might have pushed the envelope a bit for them. The girls loved the food as well so that made the lunch complete! Anyway, I would definitely recommend Abigail's for lunch in Rocheport.

After the restaurant, we went next to the General Store and got some homemade ice cream in waffle cones. Yes, indeed, it is the little things in life....and I was SOOOOO happy :)

After that trip, I ran some more errands after dropping the girls off and then finally finished part of the new flower bed (the front corner part) while Jason cut the grass. I also gave our smelly dog a bath. Cody went on the trail with us and had a great time as well.

No comments: