This is certainly the week for appointments. Today, both of the girls will be going for their annual check-up at the Pediatric Clinic. I think Olivia will get shots (but I also thought that we did them a little early last time, hoping to avoid this). What it boils down to is that I have no idea if today is shots day or not and I'm dreading the appointment.
After I go there, Jason and I are on our way to the school to request a re-evaluation of Olivia. Apparently we have a meeting just to discuss it and decide exactly what we want in the evaluation. I'm a little nervous about this as well--not today necessarily, but the evaluation--and hope that we are making the right choices for Livi.
Tomorrow, we have an appointment with a Special Needs Lawyer here in town to set up a Trust for our family. I'm not sure about all the details and obviously we have no real idea what kind of support Olivia will need in the future. We are trying to make sure that we have everything set up in a way that allows her to get the help she needs and to take care of our girls no matter what happens. We'll see what we find out. The first meeting is just a consultation so that she can see what we need from there.
Poor Cody also has an appointment this week. He left this morning to go to the vet to get 'fixed'. He has to stay overnight at the vet and we will get him back tomorrow. I must say it's already been really weird without him here. He tends to ensure that he gets his share of attention. Livi cracks me up. At least once a week she will ask "We get to keep Cody?" I will tell her yes, Cody is ours and he lives with us. Then she'll let out her little "Yea".
1 comment:
Good luck with all of the appts. It sounds like it will be a busy week. Let us know what the school says. I am always interested to see what they pick up on and to see if I am missing anything with Jackson.
Post a Comment