Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter Weekend 2009





Well, let's just say that we are a little behind on the 'ol blog. Things will be delayed for awhile in order to do it justice :) So, let's start with Easter weekend...

Naturally, we went to Cole Camp for Easter. Soon after arriving on Saturday, we found out that we will have a new niece or nephew joining the family--Maya will be a big sister! She looked so cute in her shirt that said "I'm the Big Sister". Congratulations!!! We are very excited :)

Saturday night was spent hunting eggs at Jason's parents house and eating dinner with his extended family. Lots of really wonderful food :) After church on Sunday, we went to my parents house to enjoy even more food! The kids had such a great time playing together. They are really getting along better and better all the time.

I always come back from weekends at Cole Camp wishing that we lived there. Columbia is a great place to live, but it's very nice to be around family. Although we don't call enough or visit enough, we really enjoy spending time with our family and wish we could do it more. I think what I miss the most is the everyday stuff--how it'd would be nice to just come over and get something done together or decide to run to a movie with my sisters and it could be at the last minute! How I could just drop in for dinner somewhere...okay, maybe you all are lucky we live in Columbia :)

Olivia was on a "Wizard of Oz" kick around Easter time. Hence the reason for her carrying two baskets in the photo. One is for collecting eggs and the other is her Dorothy basket with a little purple poodle in it. She carried that basket everywhere for days. We have moved on from that now, but it was pretty cute while it lasted. She also likes to imitate the Tin Man's dance when they just finish oiling him. This too is very cute :)

Jocelyn was so excited for Easter. She said "I love it more than Halloween even!". Pretty high praise indeed! Jocelyn is currently saving her money "for stuff I'll need in the future. You know, like a house, and a car, and a phone...the stuff I have to have". We'll see how long it lasts. She did break down today and buy a pair of sunglasses which she is VERY fond of. Always the drama girl. She told me today that she is going to move to Hollywood and be famous. I asked her what she was going to be famous for and she thought dancing but really hadn't worked that out yet. I told her that in order to be famous for dancing she needed to work really hard and practice a lot. She tells me that "I do practice, mom, ALL THE TIME. Even when I don't have music on". Noted.

So, here are a few pics of Easter weekend. Hope you enjoy them :)

1 comment:

Minnie said...

We too enjoyed seeing everyone @ Easter. It's always great to get together and watch the children hunt easter eggs. I was wondering how long Olivia would carry her basket. Tell Josie when she becomes famous and lives in Hollywood, I just may come and take an extended vacation with her.
Love, Minnie