A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. ~Ogden Nash
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Just a little update...
I've taken a couple of days off work to get some stuff done. It's funny how it never really goes quite the way you've planned it. I spent the morning running errands and then went to Olivia's IEP meeting. Right now, they have increased the amount of time someone will work with her in the classroom to 1 hour + 15 minutes for the special education teacher to meet with the regular preschool teacher + speech consult services 15 minutes per week for the special education teacher. They are incorporating more speech (even though it's through consult for now) through social stories and working int he classroom. I found out that the teacher that will be visiting her in the regular preschool is actually her teacher from last year! It will be nice for Olivia to already know her and be familiar with her. I hope it will help ease the transition. I'm glad speech is re-incorporated, even if it is a consult at this point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad they gave O speech. Yay! You won! :)
Post a Comment