The girls' favorite book (I think, if we are measuring consistency and by the number of times I've read it to each of them) is Diggy Dan: A Room Cleaning Adventure. This is a really fun book for little ones--the girls LOVE it. Anyway, the first page starts with the phrase, "Ah . . . Saturday" and that's exactly how I feel today even though we have had a pretty good week.
Olivia's last session of Adaptive Gymnastics was last night. They will start again in the fall when the students come back. She had more than a little trouble behaving well last night (Jason got the tough duty of dragging her out kicking and screaming). It was a little surprising because she hasn't done that in awhile. We are trying to figure out why last night was the night.
Olivia's last session of Adaptive Gymnastics was last night. They will start again in the fall when the students come back. She had more than a little trouble behaving well last night (Jason got the tough duty of dragging her out kicking and screaming). It was a little surprising because she hasn't done that in awhile. We are trying to figure out why last night was the night.
Jocelyn brought home her Friday Folder and it had the nicest note from her teacher in it. She wrote "You both have a wonderful daughter. I'm glad she is in my class :)". After a tough night with O, it was exactly the thing to make the night better (someone must have known we'd need it . . .). Olivia's an angel so far this morning though.
Jocelyn's best friend is staying the night with us. She brought the cutest sleepover book and really wanted to try some of the recipes in it. I fell for it and took them to the grocery store to get the supplies. Actually, it hasn't been bad at all . . . we made fruity fizzes (juice made into ice cubes, main drink Sprite or juice, use twizzlers for straws after you cut the ends). For breakfast, we froze yogurt cups. They watched movies and have played with dolls. Jocelyn has been excited ALL WEEK. When I picked her up from Nisho's last night she was bouncing of the walls (literally).
Well, that's the high and low lights of our week so far. Next week I am signed up for jury duty so I get the lovely job of remembering to call every night. Last time I was called, I forgot to call on the only day I was supposed to go. Hopefully this time I'll do a better job!
1 comment:
Hope that Olivia had a better week. She could probably sense that thing were coming to a close with her gymnastics and she was going to miss it. I remember reading Diggy Dan to the girls. It is a pretty funny book.
Love you and miss you! Minnie
Post a Comment