Monday, March 10, 2008

Olivia's First Crush?

Okay, so we admit it . . . we watch American Idol. It comes on at a pretty good time--right as the girls are winding down with their last call of the day (chocolate milk). Jocelyn, of course, LOVES to see people sing (especially the girl singers--they are the best, she says). Olivia, however, has a facination with Ryan Seacrest. Everytime he comes on she says "There's Ryan" and when he's not there it's "Where'd Ryan go?". Jocelyn started teasing her that she's in love with him . . . Olivia, of course denies it. For those of you who watch, Olivia also thinks Brooke is "very pretty" and she is Jocelyn's favorite too (although Jocelyn likes all of them with blonde hair). Silly girls . . .
We got to spend the weekend in Cole Camp where Jocelyn states "is the greatest place ever--why can't we live here, mom?". I can understand why it might feel that way because everywhere we went there were people to visit and great birthday parties! This weekend it was Miles and Lauren's turn for a birthday party. Cathy did a pirate theme and the kids got to 'walk the plank' (blindfolded walking on an elevated board), had a scavenger hunt for the pieces of their pirate costume, and got to hit a pinata. According to Jocelyn, a party is not complete without a pinata--she's still upset that I did not get one for her bithday last year . . . Cathy made a pirate ship cake and a treasure chest cake (do you see what I have to follow???!? The stress . . .)

I forgot my camera at home, so I don't have pictures of the weekend--here is my plea to Cathy and Brandon to send me some . . . PLEASE!!!!!

Brandon and Lezlie got some good pictures of the girls together. Olivia LOVES little Maya and really wanted to hold her (as did Josie). Livi kept touching her and saying "Maya so pretty" "Maya so cute" etc. Jocelyn, as usual, sneaks downstairs in the morning after she wakes up so she can cuddle with Aunt Lezlie. She either falls asleep with Lezlie or talks her into a 'girl talk' session. At least Jocelyn isn't a really early riser, but I still feel bad that we never catch her before she wakes Lezlie up (and with a new baby, I know sleeping in would be nice).

On another note, we just found out that Olivia will get to start Therapeutic Horseback Riding on Thursday night! We are excited about that and I think Olivia is too--last week she asked me about Scotty and where he was. This picture was taken last year with Jason's phone (not as clear as we would like).

1 comment:

Jennie said...

That is so great. Horseback riding here doesn't start until summer. I'm not sure what Jackson will think of it all. Oh and we hear ya on the Idol thing. It is a fav at our house too. :)