Monday, February 18, 2008

Home Brew



We may have some beer to sample in time for the girl's birthday. Well, let me rephrase that--we always have beer to sample, but this time it could be homemade. Jason's been busy making a batch of dark ale. He bottled the beer on Friday night and I think learned some tricks that might make it a bit easier next time (The floor and counters were covered with beer--at least it smelled good :)). I think the first time to try something is always the hardest (and messiest!). We look forward to sampling.

On another note, we have caught a bit of a stomach virus and are all home today. We've been working on potty training with Olivia over the weekend (which is not as much fun when they have a stomach virus--FYI). Last night, she was to the point where she would stand and say "I need to go . . . " and then it would be a bit too late. At least she was thinking about where we should be going so that's progress! Today our progress is that she lets us know as soon as she has gone and she is actually trying to go from time to time as well without argument. Keeping our fingers crossed . . .


3 comments:

Brandon said...

My mouth is already watering. Can't wait to try it!! By the way, what day will you be celebrating the girls' birthday?

Minnie said...

Jason, How much sampling have you already done. Will there be any left when we celebrate the girls birthdays.

Jason said...

If Susan has not told you yet the girls Birthday party is on the 15th of March....I think? Last I knew that was the only date that worked that month. Anyway the beer will not be ready until then. It is carbonizing in the bottles which takes about 3 weeks. It will be interesting...I don't think you have tasted something like this before. I hope it turns out!